Experience has shown a direct correlation between successful course completion and regular course attendance.
At Innocent Hearts, students are expected
- To attend every class and to be punctual. Skipping class is not acceptable and will result in delaying the credit.
- For absences related to medical or dental appointments and for long-term illnesses (more than 3 days) must be covered by a doctor’s note.
- When a student is absent from school, a parent or guardian (if the student is under 18) must phone the school. If no telephone contact is made before the student returns to school, the student should have a note from your parent or guardian (if the student is under 18) which explains their absence.
- For students who come to class 15 minutes or more after the starting time will be recorded as late. Late students have to obtain a late permission slip from the principal before being admitted to the class.
- For absence without a reason, the hours will be deducted toward the credit required hours.
- For online school, students will submit a timesheet for the record of attendance. (a combination of online and offline activities)
However, in no way should attendance constitute part of a student’s assessment and evaluation or his/her final grade in a course that should only be based on the student’s achievement of the curriculum expectations.