The School’s Code of Conduct
Innocent Hearts Secondary School promotes a safe, secure, tolerant environment for all students, staff, parents, and visiting members of the community. Staff at our school will strive to create a positive learning community in which students will be able to develop their intellectual, and social potential. We trust that the guidelines in this document will become the model for developing self-discipline and a standard of behaviour that our community can support. In order to maintain this positive learning environment, the following behaviour are expected:
Students at our school:
- Come to school prepared, on time and ready to learn;
- Show respect for themselves, for others, for authority and the property;
- Demonstrate self-control in class and outside
- Refrain from bringing anything to school that may compromise h e a l t h s a f e t y / the safety of others and;
- Be clean and neat, wear appropriate attire
- Use appropriate language
- Be co-operative
- Observe a “Hands Off” policy which means we use our hands and feet to help people not to hurt people
- Follow the established classroom rules and take responsibility for his or her actions.
- Students are to remain off the neighbouring property.
- Be respectful and comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws;
- Show respect to the differences in people, their ideas and opinions;
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times, and especially when there is disagreement;
- Respect the rights of others and persons who are in a position of authority.
- Illegal and recreational drugs, Smoking and Alcoholic Beverages are prohibited